don't postpone joy

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

can't think of a catchy phrase

Ever have one of those friends who just sucks the energy right out of you? Every phone conversation is a duty. Saturday afternoon shopping becomes confessional behind the fitting room curtain. A casual Happy Hour becomes an oh so Crappy Hour.
What makes us keep these friends? Sure they listen every now and then, but for the most part, it's "woa is she." I actually broke up with a friend I had like that. She didn't piss me off, nor did we argue. She was just too damned much work. Well, I got back together with her about 4 years ago, and things had been rolling along pretty good up until about the first of the year. (she sold me out to the new friends we made Labor Day Weekend) I have done a lot of work on me. PMA(positive mental attitude) relaxation, patience, consciousness, awareness, and a bunch of other stuff that doesn't actually have a name, I don't think---but it does not include incessant bitching(which I am trying to avoid here, in this blogspace) It could very well be the most beautiful day, in the DFW metroplex, so far this year. Sunny, not a cloud in the sky. There is a small little breeze that makes the leaves dance in the trees. It's the kind of day, that makes you wanna quit your job and buy a boat. Or maybe a convertible. Makes you wanna smile at everyone who looks your way. Ring Ring Ring...allows you pick up the phone, not even worried about who it could be. I have now forgotten almost all of my personal ME work, and have regressed. I'm this close to pissed that I'm friends with this person. Exasperated that I still have almost 6 more hours to work today; and if I still smoked, I'd be puffing away for sure. We had rain, tornadoes and hail yesterday. Why now? It's not her, personally. Well, it really is her personally. Moreover, it's her inability to believe him when he said "I need some time" I looked it up in the Mars/Venus translation guide. It means leave him the fuck alone! Quite possibly forever. Quit crying when he doesn't return your calls. Would YOU call YOU back? Merciful Lord in Heaven!

Deep breaths. It would be easier if this place had windows. I'm trying to muster up all the joy and love I can. Alright, I can do this. (nodding) I can. close my eyes and think of the lake. sitting at the helm- I'm some fab, glam movie star. Wind in my hair. I don't even know who's driving the boat. I don't care. hot sun beating down on my face. cold drink in my hand. another day in paradise. Damn. I have a good life.
Excellent. Just got a call that made me smile. and another giving me 2 free hours before more work. (more nodding) yep. I can do this

10 Comments:

At 26 April, 2005 18:11, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

So, a windowless room? Is it padded too?

I know some of those draining sorts of folks too, and have tried to put some distance between them and me.

 
At 26 April, 2005 20:30, Blogger Unknown said...

i think i have a magnet for those types of people implanted in my forehead..plus my yuppie sista is one of em..

 
At 27 April, 2005 07:54, Blogger daisyduke said...

I thought I gouged most of that magnet out of my forehead, leaving me looking strangely Hindu...no padded walls, but available to any and all are these kooky white jackets with really long sleeves (I won't wear white until after Memorial Day...)

 
At 27 April, 2005 08:17, Blogger Unknown said...

i never wear white..its black for moi...

 
At 27 April, 2005 08:56, Blogger daisyduke said...

...a girl can never have enough black clothing...

 
At 27 April, 2005 09:33, Blogger Unknown said...

except when shes attempting to board a plane..and the johnny cash look alerts the security guys..thats when i was wishing i wore anything but black..

 
At 27 April, 2005 21:04, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

I walk the line ... I have a Johnny Cash outfit all packed & ready for the flight home. I love travelling in lack. The shirt with the British soldier & a big scope (as in gun aimed at his head) with the word "RESIST" emblazened over his head. I like to liven things up for the folks in the Homeland Security.

 
At 27 April, 2005 21:07, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

By the way, I think the fashion world decided a couple of years ago it is alright to wear white all year now. FYI. Living in trendy LA, it is impossible not to know what is hip in fashion. All those damn models and aspiring actresses aeverywhere. I am wrapped up in CBC news about Parliment. I have to go.

 
At 28 April, 2005 22:19, Blogger Unknown said...

OMFG..today daisyduke i overheard some needy chicklet that just reminded me of your post..she was on the damn cell for at least 20 min and all the while..bitching and crying aboot people that are mean to her, screwing her over or the guy that just wont call her back..i almost fell in a planter trying to hear her...i bit a hole in my lip to keep from laughing..thinking aboot the chick on the other end of the line going nuts listening to this bitch..

 
At 29 April, 2005 05:54, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

A needy chicklet ... isn't that repetitive?

DOAH! Okay, I am only brave enough to make that wiseass crack becasue I am in a foreighn country. I still am going to check to door is locked though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home